This project was featured on Instructables.
My first attempt at an audio circuit. Many more details in the Instructables link above. I was starting to build up a collection of analog pedals for my guitar and wanted a tube screamer to emulate some of my favorite blues guitarists but was overwhelmed with the amount of modifications and configurations.
I found some schematics of the original designs (with slight discrepancies and errors) and decided to fix and try to combine them in one circuit. This gave a good opportunity to refresh some skills at circuit analysis and give feedback to the authors of the designs for discussion and fixes.
The rotary switches on the sides choose between different banks of diodes to adjust the sound, the switches on the top turn on and off a couple different popular modifications, and the rest is designed to try to stay true to the original design as much as possible.
One of the major design challenges was simply fitting everything in the original size enclosure, which had a few issues with shorting to the enclosure body when things were too tight. Hence, I needed to put a lot of thought into the layout and wiring scheme.
I built a few of these and many of the diodes and different components came in larger amounts than I needed, giving me a good excuse to try my hand at more exotic pedal designs in the future.
I used these for a few live gigs which was extremely rewarding, albeit a little nerve-wracking something would go wrong. In the end, everything worked out great.